I have a draft cover now

As some of my Twitter followers now know, I am in possession of the first draft of my book's cover.

There is always something odd about this moment. For me, this is when the book becomes real. Prior to the point where you have a cover, your book is little more than a file on your computer. It may be a file that people have proof-read and/or edited; it may be 100% complete - but it is still a file.

Here's just a small section
As soon as that file is wrapped in a cover (figuratively if not necessarily literally) it takes on a more meaningful form. It helps me see the file as a book and not just a work in progress.

However, at this point, the book is still a work in progress. Tweaks continue to be made and the cover will also face some minor adjustments. This is one of the reasons that I am being a tease with what I'm showing you. I'm actually showing you the one part of the cover that I don't expect to face much, if any, alteration.


Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

Comments

  1. I'm not on Twitter very often any more, but every time I look at my Sherlock Holmes/Conan Doyle shelves, I wonder if you're going to write another book. So happy to see that you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's very kind. I hope you like it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts