William Gillette film

Like many of my fellow Sherlockians, I was positively gaga with excitement when it was announced that the "lost" Gillette silent Holmes film had been found and was being restored.

Events to show the film have been held around the world but I was not able to get to any in the UK. Now I have seen that it is to be released on DVD and has apparently even been shown on television in the US.

Now pardon me if I'm missing something but I cannot determine if a UK DVD release is planned (or indeed already available).



Does anyone know?


Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

Comments

  1. I think there's no other edition than that, but the movie has been aired this week on TCM USA, so it's possible we can see it soon in Europe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts