British Library Fun

As many of you will know, the British Library is one of the UK's copyright libraries which means they are legally entitled to a free copy of every book published in the UK. Due to the sheer volume of books it can take a while for entries to appear on their searchable database.
 
The entry for my first book only appeared in February and my first name had been spelled incorrectly. I reported the error and received, today, an email to apologise and to inform me that the spelling had been corrected. However it contained this postscript which I found rather amusing:
 
 
"We still have a "clash" between you and
another author called "Alistair Duncan" - joint author of the title
"Impact of agricultural practices and catchment characteristics on
Ayrshire bathing waters" (2001)! "

Comments

Popular Posts