A debt owed that I can never repay

It's taken me a while to get round to this but I feel now is the time.


Read this Alistair
I owe my interest in all things Holmes and Doyle to my mother who died just over a month ago. Without her love of crime fiction and her introduction of me to Sherlock Holmes I would not have viewed any films, read any books, written any books, written any articles or written this blog. In fact, a huge chunk of my life would have been very different.

It was 1982 when she introduced me to the Basil Rathbone films. This was followed by the books. Thus I was primed and ready when the Granada series first broadcast in 1984.

Between then and 2005 Holmes took an occasional back seat to bigger life events (school, college, university, jobs, marriage). But once life calmed down a little, Holmes returned to my life and brought Doyle with him. The rest you all know.

So, thanks mum.


Written by Alistair Duncan Buy my books here
UK US

Comments

  1. Lovely tribute my darling xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We remember and honor; with your blog you are paying it forward. Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your Mom rest in peace. You are an example of how wonderful your Mother was to remember in such a loving way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry to come late to this. Your heartfelt tribute to your mother reminds me - as if I needed reminding - of the debt I owe my late mother, who taught me to read and who was always supportive of my obsession with Holmes, Conan Doyle and their world. We are the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts