Eliminate the Impossible - 2nd Edition

Not for the first time, the suggestion has been made that there ought to be a second edition of my first work - Eliminate the Impossible. This latest suggestion is to be found within a review recently posted at Amazon.com.


I have to say that, for the time being at least, this is not likely to happen. There are several reasons for this. First and foremost is my feeling that there has not been enough activity on the film and television front to justify adding anything to the screen section of the book. Yes we've had the Guy Ritchie film and we do have the modernised version from the BBC breathing down our necks but these are not enough to justify a second edition.

I also do not feel that I can add much to my analysis of the stories which makes up the first two-thirds of the book. Comment has been made about how I mostly bring together the opinions of others rather than voicing my own but this what I intended to do. I have voiced my own opinion where I felt I could add another perspective but it was not always the case that I felt able to do so.

Even if I were to add some additional comments of my own and bring in the opinions of even more scholars I doubt it would all be enough to justify asking people to put their hands in their pockets for another edition.

The final nail in this particular coffin is that I intend to devote myself to my own attempts at Victorian detective fiction. More details on this as the project advances.

Popular Posts