A notice re The Undershaw Preservation Trust

My fourth book An Entirely New Country chronicles the life of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle between the years 1897 and 1907.

At the time I was very much involved with the Undershaw Preservation Trust which, as you may know, fought the plans that would have seen the house carved up into apartments. Its great victory came in 2012 when those plans were thrown out.

In the aftermath of the house's purchase by the DFN Foundation, the UPT wrapped up its actions as an organisation.

Why am I telling you this?

At the time my book was published I pledged 50% of the net royalties to the UPT to put to whatever use they saw fit. That arrangement came to an end when the UPT ceased operating.

I feel it important to mention as I don't want anyone buying the book now thinking they are contributing to Undershaw in any way.

I'd dearly love you to buy my book as I think it's rather good but please do so knowing that I am the sole beneficiary (apart from the retailer and the publisher and the tax man).


Written by Alistair Duncan Buy my books here

UK US

Comments

Popular Posts