A big couple of months

Well I have a busy couple of months from a Sherlockian/Doylean perspective.

In just over 14 days (assuming nothing changes) I shall be popping along to the High Court to witness the Judicial Review which I hope will be a major step on the road to saving Undershaw from redevelopment. People often ask me how I think it will go. To be honest I really have no idea. Fingers crossed though that it goes in favour of the Undershaw Preservation Trust who have battled a long time for this.

The day after sees the annual general meeting of The Sherlock Holmes Society of London which is always an interesting event. This year, as per usual, sees the retirement of two committee members - following the end of their three year terms. I am standing for election to one of these posts this year. I very much hope I'll be elected. In addition the society will be electing a new chairman.

June 16th and 27th see me giving small talks. The first is to the Haslemere Festival as part of their Conan Doyle weekend and the second is a small seminar at Barts Hospital. Tickets to the second event are no longer available but I think tickets to the first event are still to be had.

Comments

Popular Posts