UPDATED Houdini & Doyle poster and preview

So we have an official poster for the new series Houdini and Doyle.



We in the UK get the series from March 13th and I must confess to being surprised at the spacing between UK and US transmission. I also wonder if it is purely the US reception that will decide whether or not a second series is commissioned. I understand that Mangan has signed a commitment to five years on the show if it is a success.

I really hope it is good and does well but I still have reservations. Mangan's casting is decidedly left-field. He lacks any real similarity to Doyle and we already know from the trailer that he's not even attempting a Scottish accent. If he'd done so and made a decent job of it I think it would have gone a long way to making up for the areas where he apparently lacks.



Michael Weston, on the other hand is quite a good fit for Houdini.



I guess we just need to wait and see. ITV press page for the series is here.


Written by Alistair Duncan Buy my books here

Comments

Popular Posts