Pages

Undershaw: A good development?

It would seem that my post on Undershaw yesterday was well timed. Today I picked up a copy of the latest Haslemere Herald and it contained a piece of encouraging news.

The news in question is that Mary Orton - the chief executive of Waverley Borough Council - is parting company with her office. I make no comment on the way her departure is phrased beyond the observation that the writers of Yes Minister would have been proud of how it has been presented.

I also make no comment on her abilities as a chief executive but, in my meeting with her in 2012, I was left with the distinct impression that she was a person who had little, if any, interest in heritage. While her exit from the local council may not herald the arrival of a more sympathetic administration it is doubtful that whoever fills the seat will be less sympathetic.


Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

2 comments:

  1. And you wanted to give up blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much give up - rather reduce. However it's clearly not going so well.

      Delete