Blog post comments - the situation

In light of some recent exchanges, and in the interests of this blog's readers, I'm going to re-state the latest position on comments.


You are all more than welcome to comment on blog posts. All I ask is that you adhere to the guidelines stated in my FAQ page. I moderate for the reasons I have stated there and although I am concerned that moderation may put some people off I have no intention of changing that practice for the reasons stated on the FAQ page. I check on an almost daily basis so the longest you will have to wait to see your comment on the blog is 24 hours.
I am not in the habit of commenting on my own posts unless someone else does first. If I want to add something to a post without comments I will typically amend the post to include the change. So you need to be prepared as readers to start the ball rolling.

If I find a comment interesting or it raises a question that I feel I can/want to answer I will do so but please don't expect some immediate response. At the risk of stating the obvious, I have a fair amount going on and answering blog comments is not top of my list. In many cases my direct involvement in a comment chain may be neither necessary nor desirable if my readers wish to debate points among themselves.

So there you have it. I know from the stats that plenty of you read this blog. Please start to comment if you wish.


For more information on Arthur Conan Doyle and his time at Undershaw please refer to my book, An Entirely New Country which is available through all good bookstores including Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Classic Specialities, and in all electronic formats including iTunes, Kobo, Nook and Kindle .

The Norwood Author is available from all good bookstores, in many formats worldwide including Waterstones UK, Amazon UK,  Amazon USA, Barnes and Noble, Amazon Kindle, iBooks for the iPad/iPhone, Kobo Books, Nook.

Close to Holmes is available from all good bookstores, in many formats worldwide including Amazon USABarnes and NobleAmazon UKWaterstones UKAmazon KindleKoboNook  and iBooks for the iPad/iPhone.

Eliminate the Impossible is available from all good bookstores, in many formats worldwide including Amazon USA, Barnes and Noble, Amazon UK, Waterstones UK, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Nook and iBooks for the iPad/iPhone.

Comments

Popular Posts