A delightful time

My wife and I sampled the delights (not for the first time) of the Sherlock Holmes Pub on Friday.

I had the salmon to start and one of their huge burgers for a main.

My wife opted for pate to start followed by the steak.

The service was excellent bearing in mind that there was only one poor guy serving.

The pub does come in for a fair amount of criticism from Sherlockians who visit it from abroad but I think that is because they have unrealistic expectations. At the end of the day it is a pub that happens to be called the Sherlock Holmes and contains a number of Sherlockian items. It is not, and does not profess to be, some Sherlockian theme park.

If you come along knowing that it is just a pub you should not end up disappointed.

Comments

  1. Great little pub Alistair I agree - http://www.sherlockholmespub.com. If you want a museum, visit one. If you want a pint and a pub meal with a bit of Holmes it does very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I visited it in 2008 with an English friend and we sat there for a couple hours just catching up and people watching. A wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a very cool pub. My son and daughter and I were there one fine, warm May day in 2003. Want to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts